• The Loft Fine Art, 81 Macomb Place, is hosting a moving sale through Nov. 29 as they are moving to become an online gallery. Prices are up to 50 percent off on paintings, prints, posters and more. Fine art posters are $10 each or 3 for $25; vintage prints are mix and match four for $25; original paintings and limited edition prints are 35-50 percent off of all Loft merchandise. Free framed clearance print of your choice with purchase of $25 or more. Open noon-6 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday.
• Michigan Alliance for Families host Positive Behavior Supports with Jessie Morton workshop from 1-3:30 p.m. Nov. 29 at the Macomb Intermediate School District, 44001 Garfield Road, Clinton Township in Room 103 A/B. The workshop will introduce Positive Behavior Supports, explain what a Functional Behavior Analysis is and how a FBA leads to the development of a Behavior Intervention Plan that utilizes PBS. Families of children/young adults with disabilities or learning difficulties, professionals, service providers, caregivers and school staff. RSVP by Nov. 22 by calling 586-469-1600 ext 121; email [email protected] or visit michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
• Merrick-Potter American Legion Post 566, 34330 Bordman Road, Memphis, hosting bingo every Wednesday. Doors open 5:30 p.m.; games start at 6:30 p.m. Cash prizes.
• Clinton Township Lions Club hosts bingo events on Saturdays at Rosemark Bingo Hall, 20791 E 13 Mile Road, Roseville. Doors open at 9 a.m. and play starts at 11 a.m. $25 computer package with up to five books to dab, hot balls value up to $200 each, charity tickets to purchase; third Saturday of the month features 2 $1000 coveralls. Proceeds go to the Lions Club general fund for use in the township.
Brunch with Santa
• Women’s Civic League of St. Clair Shores plays host to annual Brunch with Santa from 10:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Dec. 2 at Blossom Heath Inn, 24800 Jefferson Ave., St. Chair Shores. Cost for adults is $18 and children more than two years old is $15. Children ages two and under are free. Breakfast/brunch, The Magic of Mark Luedtke, children’s craft table, door prizes, goody bags a visit from Santa and more. Advance reservations required. Reservation information available at wclscs.com. Seating is limited. Proceeds benefit the Women’s Civic League Grants and Scholarship programs. For more information, call 586-776-0128.
• Mt. Clemens Salvation Army Senior Christmas Party for those ages 55 and older will take place from noon-2 p.m. Dec. 8 at Zuccaro’s Banquet Center, 46601 Gratiot Ave, Chesterfield Township. Tickets are $10. Call Judy at 586-469-6712 or send a check or money order to Salvation Army, P.O. Box 330, Mt. Clemens, MI 48046.
• Heartsaver First Aid 10 a.m.-noon. Dec. 2 at Chesterfield Fire Department, 33991 23 Mile Road, New Baltimore Cost is $30, payable by cash or check only. To register, visit the central station headquarters at the same address and upon payment you will receive book for preclass study. For more information, call 586-716-1475 or email [email protected]
• Contra dancing Oct. 28 at First United Methodist Church, 6363 Livernois, Troy. Halloween Dance and Celebration. Wear your Halloween costume or come as you are. Prize for best costume. Couples and singles welcome. No partner or experience necessary. All dances taught. Live band and caller. Lessons 7:30 p.m.; dance 8-11 p.m. Admission is $12; students $10; under 12 free. Bring dessert/snack and get $1 off. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or visit octds.org.
• Residents can safely dispose of unwanted electronic items from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Nov. 25 at the Shelby Township Municipal Grounds, 52700 Van Dyke Ave. Items include computers and accessories, televisions, phones, microwaves and more will be accepted. Drop off is open to residents throughout metropolitan Detroit. Cost is $5 per car, which includes all electronics and one CRT TV. Additional CRT TV’s are $10 each. For more information, call the Department of Public Works at 586-726-7272 or visit shelbytwp.org/recycling.
• The Greater Washington Area Historical Society hosting a “Bears and Dolls” sale from 1-4 p.m. Nov. 26 at the museum, 58230 Van Dyke, Washington Township. More than 130 bears and 50 dolls from a former members collection will be available for sale. Proceeds will be used for the “Saving Energy to Preserve History”, to replace the furnace in the museum. For more information, call 586-786-5304 or visit washhistsoc.org.
• Henry Ford II High School, 11911 Clinton River Road, hosts Santa’s Polar Pizza Party from 5-8 p.m. Dec. 1 for kids of all ages. Admission $5. Santa will be on hand for photos. Crafts, storytelling, pizza, salad and a drink as well as a cookie table to decorate a sweet treat and a cookie walk for sweet treats to take home. Proceeds will be donated to Macomb County Food Bank. For more information, email [email protected]
• Victorian Wassail and Bazaar, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 2 and 1-4 p.m. Dec. 3 at the Crocker House Museum, 15 Union Street, Mount Clemens. Purchase unique Christmas gifts, decor and goodies. Carols will be sung at the pump organ and hot wassail, plum pudding and roasted chestnuts will be available for purchase. No admission fee required.
• “Look Good...Feel Better” for women undergoing cancer treatment from 2:30-4 p.m. Dec. 2 at Henry Ford Macomb hospital, 16151 19 Mile Road, Clinton Township, Medical Pavilion 4th floor, Rooms 4 and 5. A cosmetologist will be on hand to demonstrate how to choose the makeup, wigs, scarves and hats that will best compliment your appearance. Registration extremely important and can be done by calling 800-227-2345.
Holiday home tour
• Marine City Civic Women’s Club hosts annual Holiday Home Tour 5-9 p.m. Dec. 9. Five featured homes will be decorated for the holidays along with a tour of Community Pride and Heritage Museum and the Washington Life Center. St. John United Church of Crist will serve as a warming center with rest rooms. Tickets are $10 and may be purchased at The Sweet Tooth, Vera Grace Emporium, Parkside Printing, Community Pride and Heritage Museum and Suzanne’s Fashions. To reserve a ticket or for more information, call 810-765-5445 or 810-765-0248.
• Michigan Alliance For Families offers ‘Transition: Planning for High School and Beyond’ workshop from 1-3:30 p.m. Dec. 6 at the Macomb Intermediate School District, 44001 Garfield Road, Room 202, Clitoin Township. For families for students with an IEP and the team members who work with them. Workshop will cover Education Development Plan (EDP), Graduation standards, diploma vs certificate of completion and more. RSVP by Nov. 30 by calling 586-469-1600 ext 121; email [email protected] or online at michiganallianceforfamilies.org/rsvp
• Area Agency on Aging 1B’s Medicare Medicaid Assistance Program hosting Medicare Open Enrollment Assistance Day events from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Sterling Heights Senior Center, 40200 Utica Road, Sterling Heights. Volunteer counselors will be available to help review plan choices and understand options. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 800-803-7174. Availability is limited and they are filled on a first come first serve basis. Counseling by phone is also available.
Octagon House events
• The Octagon House Museum, 57500 Van Dyke, Washington Township hosting Octagon Victorian Teas on Dec. 2, Dec. 3 and Dec. 9. Doors open for self guided tours of the house at 11:30 a.m. and tea is served at noon. Tickets are $22 per person. Reservations are required. Seating is limited. Call 586-781-0084 for reservations. For more information, visit octagonhouse.org.
• Santa Sunday from noon-4 p.m. Dec. 10. Crafts will be available for the children while they await Santa’s arrival at 2 p.m. Admission $5. Reservations not required. For more information call 586-781-0084 or visit octagonhouse.org.
• Eastpointe High School Drama Club presents ‘The Little Mermaid Jr.’ at 7 p.m. Dec. 1 and 2 p.m. Dec. 2 in the Eastpointe High School Auditorium, 15501 Couzens Ave, Eastpointe. Cost is $5 for general admission or $3 for students and seniors.
• Warren Concert Band and Motor City Chorale present Holiday Concert at 3 p.m. Dec. 3 at Warren Woods Community Auditorium, 13400 12 Mile Road, Warren. Tickets are $10 for adults; $5 for students in 9-12th grade; students in eight grade and under free with paid adult. Tickets available at the door. For more information, call 586-709-8192 or visit warrenconcertband.com or motorcitychorale.org
• Simply Dickens Christmas Concert Dec. 7 at Thomas Welsh Activity Center at Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metropolitan Parkway, Harrison Township. Doors open 6:30 p.m.; social hour and light refreshments; concert begins 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. For more information, call 586-201-2834.
• Lowrey Organ & Evola Music offer free holiday music concert at 2 p.m. Dec. 8 at Shelby Gardens, 50265 Van Dyke, Shelby Township. Free refreshments. Bring a canned good or box food donation for charity. For more information, call 586-726-6570.
• Birmingham Concert Band will perform their holiday concert “Winter Winds” at 3 p.m. Dec. 10 at Lutheran Church of the Redeemer, 1800 W. Maple Road, Birmingham. Donations aceepted. Proceeds will benefit the BCB Scholarship Fund. For more information, visit birminghamconcertband.com.
• Perch Point offers 3-D Archery Outside open shoot every Tuesday at 7930 Meisner Road, Casco Township, from 3:30 p.m. until dusk. All are welcome $10 for adults; $5 for those ages 12-17 and free for those under 12. For more information, call 810-765-4966.
Rec classes/events offered
• The Recreation Authority of Roseville and Eastpointe, 18185 Sycamore, Roseville, offers an array of fitness classes including Yoga, Barre Toning beginning in mid-November; or drop in for MiXXedFit on Monday evenings or POUND on Wednesday evenings from 7:30-8:30 p.m. There is also a fitness center to address individual fitness needs. For more information, call 586-445-5480.
• The Recreation Authority of Roseville and Eastpointe is hosting recreational based preschool and youth afterschool programs for children from 18 months to 10 years old. Registration currently being accepted. Classes include: Super Scientists, Crafty Crafters, Kids in the Kitchen, Wee Wonders, Tiny Tots and Parent/Tot Preschool. For more information and program specifics, call 586-445-5480.
• Warren/Center Line Senior Connection invites adults age 55 and older to meet on the second Monday of the month at DeCarlo’s Banquet Center, 6015 E. 10 Mile Road, Warren. Doors open 5 p.m. programs begin at 6 p.m. Dues are $10 per year. Members receive Free refreshments, coffee, soft drinks, juices and snacks, music provided by a DJ, dancing from 7-9 p.m. and information from various guest speakers. For more information, call 586-268-9452, 586-754-2172, 586-264-5657 or 586-755-6112.
• Meeting 6 p.m. Nov. 25 at a member’s home. Games night. Cost is $4 includes dinner, main course, snacks and beverages. Reservation needed by Nov. 24. Reserve for all events by calling 586-774-2119 between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m.
• Macomb County Epilepsy Support Group meets the third Wednesday of the month (except June, July and August) 7-8:30 p.m. at the Macomb Intermediate School District administration building, 44001 Garfield Road, Clinton Township. Call 800-377-6226 for more information.
• PFLAG Clinton Township is a support group for families, allies and people who are LGBTQ which meets on the last Tuesday of every month at Hope United Church of Christ, 35127 Garfield, Clinton Township. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or visit PFLAGCT.org.
• Are you a good listener? Are you looking for a unique place to volunteer your time? The Macomb Crisis Center is looking for people to answer crisis lines. Learn to help others help themselves by providing emotional support, sorting out problems and offering community referrals. For more information on upcoming training sessions, call 586-307-9100.
• Voter information event at 1 p.m. Nov. 19 at the Anton Frankel Center, 20 South Main Street, Mount Clemens. Learn about VoteSmart’s voter tool, OnPoint. With OnPoint, citizens can access their representatives’ votes, public remarks, issue positions, biographical information, campaign contributions and special interest ratings on any major issue facing Congress.
Warren Business Association
• Warren Business Association meets 5:30-7 p.m. first Tuesday of the month at Buddy’s Pizza, 8100 Old 13 Mile Road, Warren; 7:30-9 a.m. second Tuesday of the month at National Coney Island, 30140 Van Dyke Ave., Warren and 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at Mr. Miguels Mexican Grill and Cantina, 26837 Ryan Road, Warren. For more information, call 248-795-5424 or e-mail [email protected]
• Michigan Accordion Society meets 7 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month at various locations throughout southeast Michigan. Call 586-992-0498 and leave message and phone number for information on location and performers or visit michiganaccordion.org for more information about the club. All ages welcome.
• Line dancing 9:30-10:30 a.m. Mondays at American Lutheran Church, 38795 Mulberry Road, Clinton Township and 6:30-8:30 p.m. Fridays at Shepherd’s Gate Church, 12400 23 Mile Road, Shelby Township. Couples dancing 7-8 p.m. Tuesdays at Shepherd’s Gate Church, 12400 23 Mile Road, Shelby Township. Cost is $5 per person. For more information, call 586-286-6002.
• Square dancing lessons are offered 7 p.m. Wednesdays at First United Methodist Church of Warren, 5005 Chicago Road. First lesson free, $4 each class after that. No partner or special square dance clothing required. Call 248-613-3169.
• Merrick-Potter American Legion Post 566, 34330 Bordman Road, Memphis hosting euchre on the first three Fridays of each month. Doors open at 6:30 p.m.; games start at 7 p.m. $10 buy in. Cash prizes and Free refreshments. For more information, call 586-453-4966.
• Memphis Lions Club is hosting a euchre tournament at 7 p.m. on the fourth Saturday of each month (except August and December) at 34758 Pratt Road, Memphis. Cost is $10 per player. There is a 50/50 drawing and prize money given to first, second and third place. Snacks available.
• Disabled American Veterans 129 and Operation Yellow Ribbon hold euchre parties, 4-6 p.m. second Sundays and 7-9 p.m. fourth Thursdays at 47326 Dequindre Road, Shelby Township. Fee $7 (plus quarters for euchre); refreshments available. Reservations needed one day in advance to 248-425-2722 or 248-953-4901.
• The Motor City Blend Chorus of Sweet Adelines International holds open rehearsals, 7 p.m. Tuesdays at Orchard United Methodist Church, 30450 Farmington Road, Farmington Hills. For details, call 734-422-2692 or visit motorcityblendchorus.com.
• St. Clair Shores Community Chorus rehearses 7:30-9:10 p.m. Mondays at Triumphant Cross Lutheran Church, 13 Mile Road and Greater Mack. For details, call 586-294-3398 or visit scscommunitychorus.org.
• Widowed Friends hosting water aerobics at the Double Tree by Hilton (formerly Edison Inn, 800 Harker Street, Port Huron. Enter by the south door. For more information, call 810-324-2304 or 810-532-4621.
• Widowed men and women invited to movie club first Sunday of the month at the MJR Theatre, 50675 Gratiot Ave., Chesterfield Township. After the movie, meet for dinner at Amore’s Family Restaurant, 53100 Gratiot, Chesterfield Township. Time and name of movie will be available the Wednesday before the Sunday. For more information, call 586-703-1427.
• Widowed men and women invited for cards on the fourth Friday of the month (except November and December) from 1-3:45 p.m. at St. Therese of Lisieux, 48115 Schoenherr Road, Shelby Township. Bring a snack to share. For more information, call 586-566-2557.
• Widowed men and women are invited for dancing 7:30-11 p.m. every Tuesday at the Polish Century Club, 33204 Maple Lane, Sterling Heights. Doors open 6:45 p.m. Cost is $7 per person with a cash bar. A table will be reserved for Widowed Friends. For more information, call 586-286-2991.
• Widowed men and women are invited for cards, games and friendship 6-9 p.m. every third Thursday at St. Ronald, 17701 15 Mile Road, Clinton Township. Bring a snack to share and your own beverage. For more information, 586-294-7436.
• Widowed men and women are invited for co-ed breakfast at 9 a.m. on the second Thursday of every month at Country Inn, 35229 23 Mile Road, New Baltimore. No RSVP necessary. For more information, call 810-794-5607.
• Widowed men and women are invited for co-ed breakfast on the second and fourth Wednesday at 9:30 a.m. at The Avenue Restaurant, 31253 Woodward Ave., Royal Oak. RSVP the day before by calling 248-543-1018 or 248-524-9168.
• Widowed men and women are invited for lunch, cards, games and meet new friends every 3rd Thursday at 11:45 a.m. at Cavis Pioneer Restaurant, 5600 Lapeer Road, Kimball Township. No RSVP necessary. For more information, 810-324-2304. ?
• Widowed men and women are invited for movie and dinner on the third Sunday each month at the AMC Forum 30 Theatre in Sterling Heights, followed by dinner at UNO Restaurant in the same complex. To RSVP and find out movie selection and time, call 586-651-9000.
• All widowed are invited to meet on the third Wednesday of each month for dinner at area restaurants at 5 p.m. Order from the menu, separate checks. RSVP by calling 248-840-0063.
• Widowed men and women are invited every third Thursday from 6 to 9 p.m. at St. Isidore Church, 18201 23 Mile Road, for cards, games, and friendship. Bring a small snack to share and your own beverage. For more information, call 586-991-7374.
• Widowed men and women are invited to meet at 10 a.m. each third Tuesday at The Pancake Factory, 13693 23 Mile Road, in Shelby Township. For more information, call 586-781-5781.
• Widowed men and women are invited to meet at 9 a.m. on the second and fourth Monday monthly at Sero’s, 925 Gratiot Ave., Marysville. For more information, call 810-334-6287.
• Widowed men are invited to attend breakfast every first and third Thursday monthly at 9 a.m. at Lukich Family Restaurant, 3900 Rochester Road, in Troy. For more information, call 248-585-5402.
• Widowed men and women are invited for an evening of cards, games and friendship 2-6 p.m. each first Thursday at St. John and Paul, 7777 28 Mile Road, in Washington Township. Bring a snack to share and your own beverage. For more information, call 586-781-5781.
• Widowed men and women are invited to bowl at 10 a.m. every Wednesday at 5 Star Lanes, 2666 Metropolitan Parkway, Sterling Heights Drop-in league, pay when play ($4.50 for three games), and cards are drawn to form teams. Lunch afterward optional with separate checks. For more information, call 586-230-3052 or 586-254-6199.
• Sterling Heights Computer Club meets 6:30 p.m. Dec. 5 at Macomb Community College South Campus in John Lewis Community Center (Building K), 14500 E. 12 Mile Road, Warren. Computer enthusiasts sharing information and keeping abreast of latest developments in personal computing. Annual membership dues are $25. For more information, call 586-268-6586 or e-mail [email protected]
• Men’s Bridge Club meets 12-3 p.m. Thursdays at the Voyageur Restaurant, 525 South Riverside Ave., St. Clair. All skill levels welcome. Free, no partner needed. No score keeping, just fellowship. For more information, 810-671-3616.
• Washington Art Guild meets first Monday of the month September through June at Washington Township Hall, 57900 Van Dyke, Washington Township. Doors open 6:30 p.m. for refreshments and socializing, meeting starts at 7 p.m. Nov. 6 meeting features Lori Clough who is an artist that does artwork for local business and also works with programs at Wolcott Mill. She works in acrylic, pen and in and pencil as well as painting murals. Learn, socialize and exhibit. For more information, call 586-752-7646.
• The Mount Clemens Art Association meets 6:30 p.m. first Monday of the month at Mount Clemens Library, 150 Cass Avenue, Mount Clemens. Bring a small sketchbook for notes, etc. For more information, call 586-469-8781.
• Macomb Motivators Toastmasters Club is seeking new members at their meetings on the second and fourth Thursdays from 6:40-8 p.m. at the Keller Williams Training Room, 45669 Hayes, Shelby Township. Practice public speaking and learn leadership skills. Visit free. For more information, visit 6104644.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Warren Toastmasters Club meets 6-8 p.m. first and third Tuesdays at the Warren Civic Center, One City Square, Warren in the Warren Civic Center conference room off the main lobby. Free garage parking. For more information, call 586-531-1289 or visit 2260.toastmastersclubs.org.
• Confident Communicators Toastmasters Club in Washington Township meets 8:15-9:30 a.m. first, second and third Wednesdays at Washington Township offices boardroom, 57900 Van Dyke, Washington Township. For details, call 586-933-3286 or email [email protected]
• Sterling Speakers Toastmasters meet 6:30-8 p.m. second and fourth Tuesdays monthly at Bethesda Christian Church, 14000 Metropolitan Parkway, Sterling Heights. Open to visitors. Call 586-264-2300 ext. 119.
• Older Persons Commission, 650 Letica in Rochester, offers sanctioned bridge games 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturdays; $8 at the door and coffee house open 5-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday in OPC lobby. Open to OPC members 50 and older. Call 248-608-0263.
• OPC offering Fine Arts classes such as Chinese Brush Painting, watercolor painting, drawing, clay jewelry or pottery wheel hand building. Days and times vary. For more information, visit opcseniorcenter.org and click “about us” and then the “newsletter” tab.
• Music Preparatory Division at Oakland University offers rock band, elementary voice and piano readiness classes starting in May for youngsters. For fee and registration information e-mail [email protected] or 248-370-2034.
Source : http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20171121/NEWS/171129907